|WELCOME TO THE CANTON AUDUBON SOCIETY (CAS)
Help CAS with the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) this year from Feb. 12-15th at the Huston-Brumbaugh Nature Center near Alliance. The Saturday count will also include Breakfast with the Birds.
See below for dates and times.
WHAT’S TO COME
January – Field Trip (postponed) to see horned larks, snow buntings and lapland longspurs and “Bears in Your Neighborhood”
February – “Member’s Night”
March – “Shorebirds”
The deadline for submitting an application is March 1st, 2016. Apply now!
Find out more HERE.All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE.
|CAS UPCOMING EVENTS
- Saturday, January 16th, 8:00am – Postponed due to lack of snow and snow buntings. We’ll watch the weather and try to reschedule.
CAS Field Trip to a private residence in Delaware County, Ohio to see horned larks, snow buntings and lapland longspurs. Meet at 8am in front of Lowe’s (OH Route 21 and US Route 30.) Questions? Contact Laura Dornan at 330-875-3421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Snow will increase the possibility of seeing these birds, so fingers crossed!
- Wednesday, January 20th, 7:00pm – Monthly Program, “The Bears in Your Neighborhood” will be presented by Jamie Graham-Emmert of ODNR Division of Wildlife.
- Friday, February 12th, 9:00am – GBBC, see above
- Saturday, February 13th, 1:00pm – GBBC
- Sunday, February 14th, 1:00pm – GBBC
- Monday, February 15th, 10:00am – GBBC
- Wednesday, March 16th, 5:30pm – March Bird Walk. Join us for our first bird walk of the year!
- Wednesday, March 16th, 7:00pm – Monthly Program, “Shorebirds” presented by Ben Morrison.
We provide a public program the third Wednesday of every month (Sep-May) at 7:00pm. Programs are at Exploration Gateway (Stark Parks’ Facility at Sippo Lake) 5712 12th Street NW, Canton 44708. Monthly bird walks are held just before the meetings March – October.
|OTHER LOCAL BIRDING EVENTS
- Saturday, February 6th, 7:00pm – Bird Watching: Waterfowl with volunteer naturalist Dwight Chasar at Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Red Lock trailhead.
Stark Parks Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
|IN THE NEWS
|New Nature Conservancy Nature Preserve to be in Ottawa County. Link
Great Lakes Plagued by Tiny Plastic Beads. Link
Ohio to Establish more than 28,000 Acres of Pheasant Habitat. Link
Ohio Wildlife Council Approves Early Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons. Link
Five Types of Birds Your Grandchildren May Never See But Wish They Could. Link