|WELCOME TO THE CANTON AUDUBON SOCIETY (CAS)
|WHAT’S TO COME
May was our last Meeting/Program for the summer. As always, we will still host field trips throughout the summer.
July & August – Join us for our summer bird walks!
Find out more HERE.All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE
|CAS UPCOMING EVENTS
- Wednesday, July 20th, 6:00pm – CAS Bird Walk at Molly Stark Park. All are welcome! Located at 7900 Columbus Road in Louisville (Nimishillen Township.)
- Wednesday, August 17th, 5:30pm – CAS Bird Walk at John Glenn Grove. All are welcome! Located at 8000 Warmington Road SW in Massillon.
We provide a public program the third Wednesday of every month (Sep-May) at 7:00pm. Programs are at Exploration Gateway (Stark Parks’ Facility at Sippo Lake) 5712 12th Street NW, Canton 44708. Monthly bird walks are held just before the meetings March – October.
|OTHER LOCAL BIRDING EVENTS
- Saturday, July 9th & 25th, 8:00am – 12:00pm – Bird Banding with Al Eibel at HBNC. Session are cancelled in the even of rain.
- Saturday, July 11th, 7:00-10:00am – Bird Watching: Challenging Times with CVNP. Join Volunteer Naturalist in search of newly fledged scarlet tanagers, rose-breasted grosbeaks and other songbirds in Howe Meadow.
- Saturday, July 16th, 8:00am – Bird Walk with TWC Bird Club. All welcome.
- Saturday, August 13th, 12:00pm-4:00pm – Celebrate 100 Years of Birds with Summit Metro Parks at the Seiberling Nature Realm. Join the Ohio Division of Wildlife, bird experts, wildlife rehabilitates and naturalists to celebrate 100 years of bird conservation. Crafts, activities and presentations will be provided.
- Sunday, August 21st, 8:00am – 12:00pm – Bird Banding with Al Eibel at HBNC. Session are cancelled in the even of rain.
- Saturday, August 22nd, 8:00-10:00am – Bird Watching: Marshland Niches with CVNP. Join Park Volunteer at Beaver Marsh/Ira Trailhead to explore late-summer feeding and resting birds in this beautiful ecosystem.
Stark Parks Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
|IN THE NEWS
|New Nature Conservancy Nature Preserve to be in Ottawa County. Link
Great Lakes Plagued by Tiny Plastic Beads. Link
Ohio to Establish more than 28,000 Acres of Pheasant Habitat. Link
Ohio Wildlife Council Approves Early Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons. Link
Five Types of Birds Your Grandchildren May Never See But Wish They Could. Link