|WHAT’S TO COME
Meetings/Programs start back up in September!
Click here for most recent newsletter!
All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Join us for bird walks! They continue through the fall and occur just before each monthly meeting.
Find out more HERE.Ohio
Audubon Chapter List and Map. Click Here
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE
- January 6th – February 25th Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Hand feed the chickadees at Beech Creek Gardens – Admission is $3.00 person, 0-2 yrs free (members free) Enjoy hot cocoa, roasting marshmallows, and fun hands-on activities. Click here for more information
- February 21st 7:00pm – 8:30pm – Waterfowl Warmup: Divers – Summit Metroparks/Sieberling Nature Center – Join Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse for the second of two programs on identifying permanent and migrating waterfowl. Good for new and experienced birders. Click here for more information
- February 22nd 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Raptor ID – Stark Parks/Quail Hollow Park -Birds of Prey are on the move! Meet education birds at Quail Hollow Park and learn some tips and tricks to identify them on the fly! Click here for more information
- February 23rd 7:30pm – 9:00pm – Lights out for the Birds – Cleveland Metroparks/Rocky River Reservation – Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative director Matthew Shumar opens our eyes to the issue of building lights affecting migrating birds. This intense but remarkable presentation delves into Cleveland’s initiative to turn lights out downtown and the extraordinary progress made in 2017. Click here for more information
- February 25th 9:30am – 11:00am – Waterbirds at Wildwood – Cleveland Metroparks/Euclid Creek Reservation – Join Naturalist Natalie Schroder scanning the lake and break walls for mergansers, and other ducks. We may move farther east to check out a second location. Park in the lot closest to the walking bridge. Click here for more information
- February 25th 9:30am – 11:00am – Birding in the Chill – Cleveland Metroparks/Wendy Park – Join Naturalist Jen Brumfield for a bird walk on the lakefront seeking winter residents that can withstand winter conditions with ease. Meet in the parking lot just east of the Whiskey Island marina, overlooking the harbor. Click here for more information
- February 25th 12:00pm – 2:00pm – Coffee with the Birds – Summit Metroparks/Sieberling Nature Realm – Join Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse for a peaceful discussion at the wildlife viewing area, and find out why it’s a favorite of our winged winter residents. Bring a mug. Coffee is provided. Click here for more information
- March 2nd 7:00pm – 8:30pm – Owl Prowl – Summit Metroparks/Silver Creek – Explore for owls with a naturalist. Patience and silence are essential when prowling for owls. Program for ages 6 and older. No dogs, please. Click here for more information
- March 3rd 10:00am-11:30am – Birds and Coffee – Cleveland Metroparks/North Chagrin Reservation – Come and enjoy a cup of hot coffee and brush up on your bird identification skills as we sit and watch for chickadees, cardinals and various woodpeckers through our one-way glass windows. Click here for more information
- March 3rd 10:00am – 12:00pm – Misunderstood Nature:Turkey Vultures – Summit Metroparks/Liberty Park – As winter winds to an end, turkey vultures can be seen more frequently roosting in trees or gliding in the sky. But many people aren’t aware of the interesting adaptations these impressive birds possess that allow them to act as “nature’s garbage men.” Join a naturalist to learn all about these often misnamed and misunderstood birds to discover how interesting life can be as a scavenger and why turkey vultures are so important to the ecosystem. Click here for more information
- March 4th 9:30am – 11:00am – Waterbirds at Wildwood – Cleveland Metroparks/Euclid Creek Reservation – Spring waterfowl migration is underway. Join Naturalist Natalie Schroder on a survey of ducks and other birds. If there is time, we may move east to visit another location. Meet in the parking lot closest to the walking bridge. Click here for more information
Stark Parks Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
Beech Creek Gardens Link