|WHAT’S TO COME
Meetings/Programs start back up in September!
Click here for most recent newsletter!
All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Join us for bird walks! They continue through the fall and occur just before each monthly meeting.
Find out more HERE.
Ohio Audubon Chapter List and Map. Click Here
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE
- January 6th – January 28th Saturdays and Sundays 10:00am – 12:00pm – Hand Feed Chickadees – Cleveland Metroparks/Brecksville Reservation – Looking for something to do with your family and friends? Stop by to hand-feed the chickadees. We’ll supply the black oil sunflower seeds and instructions that help make this experience one to remember. Click here for more information
- January 6th – February 25th Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Hand feed the chickadees at Beech Creek Gardens – Admission is $3.00 person, 0-2 yrs free (members free) Enjoy hot cocoa, roasting marshmallows, and fun hands-on activities. Click here for more information
- January 21st 9:30am – 11:00am – Birding Blitz:Winter Residents – Cleveland Metroparks/Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve – Join Naturalist Jen Brumfield to scour Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve for wintering owls and sparrows. Click here for more information
- January 21st 4:30pm – 6:00pm – Evening Owl Hike – Cleveland Metroparks/Big Creek Reservation – Join a naturalist for an owl-spotting adventure! We’ll discuss the owls found in Cleveland Metroparks and enjoy an evening stroll to try to spot one of these magnificent predators. Snow Road Picnic Area. Click here for more information
- January 24th 2:00pm – 3:30pm – Birds at the Overlook – Cleveland Metroparks/North Chargrin Reservation – Winter is a time of bird abundance. Join Naturalist Jake Kudrna on an adventure through the woods to our legendary overlook where we have been hand feeding for almost 90 years! Try your hand at feeding chickadees, nuthatches and titmice. Meet at A.B. Williams Memorial Woods Trailhead. Click here for more information
- January 25th 6:30pm – 8:30pm – Owl Prowl – Summit Metroparks/Sand Run Metropark – Explore for owls with Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse. Patience and silence are essential. Program for ages 6 and older. No dogs, please. Click here for more information
- January 27th 10:30am – 11:30am – Bird Banding – The Wilderness Center/Wilmot –See birds up close as banding procedures are explained and demonstrated. Discover what is learned from bird banding research. Click here for more information
- January 28th 12:00pm – 2:00pm – Coffee with the Birds – Summit Metroparks/Sieberling Nature Realm – Join Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse for a peaceful discussion at the wildlife viewing area, and find out why it’s a favorite of our winged winter residents. Bring a mug. Coffee is provided. Click here for more information
- January 31st 10:00am – 12:00pm – Hike & Coffee with the Birds – Summit Metroparks/Liberty Park – Join us for a peaceful morning bird walk. Afterward, we’ll come inside for coffee and watch birds at our wildlife viewing window. Find out why this area is a favorite of our winter residents. Bring a mug. Coffee is provided. Click here for more infomation
Stark Parks Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
Beech Creek Gardens Link