|WHAT’S TO COME
Meetings/Programs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake Park.
Click here for our most recent newsletter
All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Join us for bird walks! They continue through the fall and occur just before each monthly meeting.
Find out more HERE.
Ohio Audubon Chapter List and Map. Click Here
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE
- June 16th 10:00am – 11:00am – Birding at Wildwood – Cleveland Metroparks/ Euclid Creek Reservation – Come and search the edges of Euclid Creek, the nearby meadows and lakeshore for waterfowl, gulls, and raptors. Click here for more information
- June 17th 10:00am- 11:30am – Birding the banks of Euclid Creek – Cleveland Metroparks/ Euclid Creek Reservation – Join Naturalist Natalie Schroder on the banks of Euclid Creek searching for woodpeckers, kinglets and sandpipers. Meet at Highland Picnic Area parking lot. Click here for more information
- June 19th 9:00am – 11:00am – Adventures in Birding – Guardians of the Grasslands – Stark Parks/ Metzger Park Nickle Plate Trail – Celebrate the Year of the Bird by going birding! Search the Nickel Plate Trail for bobolinks, bluebirds, meadowlarks and other birds that live in grassland habitats. Please bring your own binoculars. Meet at Metzger Park -1420 S Nickelplate St, Louisville. Click here for more information
- June 20th 6:30pm – 7:30pm – National American Eagle Day – Stark Parks/ Eagle Observation Area Walborn Reservoir – This day is set aside each year to honor our nations’ symbol in order to raise awareness about these magnificant birds. Discover what humans did that nearly caused the Bald Eagle to go extinct and how they were able to bounce back and thrive today. You may be able to catch a glance of the beloved Walborn nesting pair. Feel free to bring any personal birding scopes or binoculars you may need. Reserve your spot, as group size for this event is limited. Walborn Reservoir Eagle Observation Deck – 13600 Marlboro Ave. NE, Alliance. Click here for more information
- June 23rd 8:00am – 12:0M0pm – Bird banding with Al Eibel – Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center – See live, wild songbirds in the hand and learn why bird banding is an important tool for bird and wildlife conservation. Drop in any time between 8 a.m. and Noon. Meet Al outside on the east side of the Visitors Center. Banding sessions are canceled in the event of rain. Click here for more information
- June 23rd 9:30am- 11:00am – Birding the Canal – Cleveland Metroparks/ Canalway Center – Join a naturalist as we walk the towpath in search of orioles, warblers and woodpeckers. Click here for more information
- June 24th 9:30am – 11:30am – Birding the mouth of Euclid Creek – Clevleand Metroparks/ Euclid Creek Reservation – Join Naturalist Natalie Schroder on a wander through the meadow, forest and along the lake in search of birds. Meet in the Wildwood Marina entrance parking lot. Click here for more information
- June 25th 4:30pm – 6:30pm – Bank Swallow Watch – Summit Metroparks/ Cascade Valley – Join a naturalist to view the aerial acrobatics of bank swallows. These small birds put on quite a show diving through the air and flitting in and out of their nests in the steep, sandy riverbank. Spotting scopes and binoculars will be available. Click here for more information
Stark Parks: Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
Beech Creek Gardens Link