|WELCOME TO THE CANTON AUDUBON SOCIETY (CAS)
|WHAT’S TO COME
Meetings/Programs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake Park.
Click here for our most recent newsletter
All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Join us for bird walks! They continue through the fall and occur just before each monthly meeting.
Find out more Click Here.
Ohio Audubon Chapter List and Map. Click Here
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more Click Here
CAS UPCOMING EVENTS
- Although all group activities have been cancelled or delayed due to the current health pandemic. Canton Audubon Society will be highlighting a local birding patch of the week. See below for this weeks location.
- Fry Family Park – Stark Parks – This 348-acre property has beautiful rolling topography with a mixture of grasslands, hardwood forests, a pond, wetlands, and significant stream and wooded riparian corridor. It provides habitat for an array of songbirds, game birds, raptors, and small mammals.The park will eventually serve as a trailhead for the Sandy Valley Trail, a major southeast trail system currently under development. Upgrades to the park and new shelter have been made with funds from the Stark Community Foundation. Fry Family Park honors the memory of Stark Parks’ first director, Richard Fry, and his family.
- Click here for map and directions –
- Click here Ebird information –
- Click here to read more about this Ebird Hotspot
- Click here for a Map of Trails
- For a complete list of programs and activities. Click Here
- All programs are held at the Exploration Gateway (Stark Parks’ Facility at Sippo Lake) 5712 12th Street NW, Canton 44708.
Monthly bird walks are held just before the meetings March – October.
Everything we do is open to the public. Please join us!
OTHER LOCAL BIRDING EVENTS
- Sunday August 2nd 10:00am – 5:00pm – Summer Bioblitz – A bioblitz is an intense period of biological surveying to record all the living species within a designated area. Help us bioblitz the Nature Center and contribute data to our biodiversity project. This is a self-guided activity that only requires use of the iNaturalist app on your smart phone. See the article “Enjoying Nature In Your Backyard” on page 7 for a quick overview of the iNaturalist app. No registration required.
Stark Parks: Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
Beech Creek Gardens Link