|WELCOME TO THE CANTON AUDUBON SOCIETY (CAS)
|WHAT’S TO COME
Meetings/Programs start back up in September!
Click here for most recent newsletter!
All are welcome to all our events! They are free, educational and community-centered.
Join us for bird walks! They continue through the fall and occur just before each monthly meeting.
Find out more HERE.
Ohio Audubon Chapter List and Map. Click Here
Become a chapter supporter by becoming a member of CAS. Find out more HERE
|CAS UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday February 16th – Monday February 19th – Great Backyard Bird Count at Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center.
Wednesday February 21st 7:00pm – CAS Member Night – Have you ever seen an interesting bird, traveled to an interesting place, conducted research on your own or with others? If so, we would love to hear about it. If interested in presenting contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete list of this years Programs/Actvities
Audubon Field Trips – Click here
Audubon Programs – Click here
We provide a public program the third Wednesday of every month (Sep-May) at 7:00pm. Programs are at Exploration Gateway (Stark Parks’ Facility at Sippo Lake) 5712 12th Street NW, Canton 44708.
Monthly bird walks are held just before the meetings March – October.
Everything we do is open to the public. Please join us!
|OTHER LOCAL BIRDING EVENTS
- January 6th – January 28th Saturdays and Sundays 10:00am – 12:00pm – Hand Feed Chickadees – Cleveland Metroparks/Brecksville Reservation – Looking for something to do with your family and friends? Stop by to hand-feed the chickadees. We’ll supply the black oil sunflower seeds and instructions that help make this experience one to remember. Click here for more information
- January 6th – February 25th Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Hand feed the chickadees at Beech Creek Gardens – Admission is $3.00 person, 0-2 yrs free (members free) Enjoy hot cocoa, roasting marshmallows, and fun hands-on activities. Click here for more information
- January 24th 2:00pm – 3:30pm – Birds at the Overlook – Cleveland Metroparks/North Chargrin Reservation – Winter is a time of bird abundance. Join Naturalist Jake Kudrna on an adventure through the woods to our legendary overlook where we have been hand feeding for almost 90 years! Try your hand at feeding chickadees, nuthatches and titmice. Meet at A.B. Williams Memorial Woods Trailhead. Click here for more information
- January 25th 6:30pm – 8:30pm – Owl Prowl – Summit Metroparks/Sand Run Metropark – Explore for owls with Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse. Patience and silence are essential. Program for ages 6 and older. No dogs, please. Click here for more information
- January 27th 10:30am – 11:30am – Bird Banding – The Wilderness Center/Wilmot –See birds up close as banding procedures are explained and demonstrated. Discover what is learned from bird banding research. Click here for more information
- January 28th 12:00pm – 2:00pm – Coffee with the Birds – Summit Metroparks/Sieberling Nature Realm – Join Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse for a peaceful discussion at the wildlife viewing area, and find out why it’s a favorite of our winged winter residents. Bring a mug. Coffee is provided. Click here for more information
- January 31st 10:00am – 12:00pm – Hike & Coffee with the Birds – Summit Metroparks/Liberty Park – Join us for a peaceful morning bird walk. Afterward, we’ll come inside for coffee and watch birds at our wildlife viewing window. Find out why this area is a favorite of our winter residents. Bring a mug. Coffee is provided. Click here for more infomation
- February 1st 6:30pm – 8:00pm – Owl Prowl – Summit Metroparks/Silver Creek – Explore for owls with Naturalist Elizabeth Kresse. Patience and silence are essential. Program for ages 6 and older. No dogs, please. Click here for more information
Stark Parks Link
TWC: The Wilderness Center Link
HBNC: Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center Link
SMP: Summit Metro Parks Link
CVNP: Cuyahoga Valley National Park Link
CMP: Cleveland Metroparks Link
Beech Creek Gardens Link